FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
The hotter the grill is the better the “grill marks” will be left on the melon. I love the spicy pepper jelly vinaigrette over the melon before it’s grilled because the sugars will quickly caramelize, creating an incredible flavor. However, feel free to substitute what ever vinaigrette you may have on hand.
Grilled Watermelon, Tomato And Goat Cheese Salad
* 6 large slices seedless watermelon, rind removed
* 2 tablespoons Bacardi Grand Melón Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette (recipe below)
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 pinch sugar
* 1 sprig basil, chopped
* 2 cups tomatoes, peeled (mixed colors of smaller varieties are best)
* 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
* 2 or 3 handfuls of young lettuces
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Fresh garden herbs such as chives, chive blossoms, chervil, parsley and/or dill
1. Marinate the watermelon in the Bacardi Grand Melón Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette for several minutes before grilling over high heat. Grill each both sides of the watermelon for several minutes and remove.
2. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar and basil together with enough salt and pepper to tasted.
3. Toss the small tomatoes with the vinaigrette in the bowl and place on individual plates or a platter along with the grilled watermelon.
4. Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the tomatoes and watermelon. Toss the lettuces in the vinaigrette remaining in the small bowl and serve over the top of the salad.
5. Garnish with what ever fresh garden herbs that you have available.
* 2 red peppers, brunoise
* 1 cup pepper jelly
* 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
* 2 cup canola
* 1/2 cup Bacardi Grand Melón Flavored Rum
* Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and whisk until well combined.
MORE EASY GRILLING RECIPES
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2016 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.