See FOOD FESTIVALS for December Food & Beverage Festivals
• National Egg Nog Month
(Eggnog Trivia & Facts --- Egg Nog Recipes)
• National Fruit Cake Month
(Holiday Fruit Cake Recipe --- Fruitcake Trivia)
• Root Vegetables Month (Root Vegetable Articles)
• National Pear Month: Many fruits are out of season during the winter months. Pears are available fresh during this time. (Pear Trivia & Facts --- Pear Quotes)
• Worldwide Food Service Safety Month
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- National Bartender Appreciation Day (Dec 3, 2021 - 1st Friday)
- Winter Solstice: Winter begins in the Northern Hemisphere, Summer begins in the Southern Hemisphere. (Dec 21, 2021)
"Now commences the long winter evening around the farmer's hearth, when the thoughts of the indwellers travel far abroad, and men are by nature and necessity charitable and liberal to all creatures. Now is the happy resistance to cold, when the farmer reaps his reward, and thinks of his preparedness for winter…"
Henry David Thoreau, 'A Winter Walk'
- First day of Chanukah (Nov 28; Ends Dec 6, 2021)
(Chanukah Recipes from El Al)
- [World Pear Day] (Dec 4, 2021 - 1st Sat) To bring greater global attention and awareness to pears with both consumers and global retailers, importers and wholesalers.
- Cookie Cutter Week: (Dec 1-7 ?: 1st week in Dec)
- [National Handwashing Awareness Week]
(Dec 5-11, 2021)
- Saturnalia: (Dec 17-23) Ancient Roman festival honoring Saturn, the god of agriculture & harvest.
- UK: National Tree Week (Nov 27-Dec 5, 2021)