FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, families across America are counting down to a day of rest, relaxation and good food with relatives and friends. However, for those in charge of the meal, the countdown to the holiday may be filled with visions of blunders and mishaps in the kitchen. The truth is, most people think of the holiday turkey as 18 pounds of anxiety and mess.
Experts from the Jennie-O Turkey Store –the maker’s of the Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey that goes from freezer to oven with no thawing, preparation or mess – offer advice to families across America on making the Thanksgiving meal as stress free as possible.
1. Plan Ahead: Get more sleep Thanksgiving morning by preparing the side dishes the night before. You can use all the time you’ll save to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade with family.
2. Go Pot Luck: Save time cooking by having a pot luck dinner. Assign a dish to each of your guests rather than preparing the entire meal your self. Your guests will enjoy tasting everyone’s creations and trading recipes.
3. Simple is Better: The last thing a chef wants to think about on the big day is table decorations. Instead of worrying about the center piece and decorative options, just go simple. The food itself will make for great colors on the table.
4. Relax, Relax, Relax: Don’t forget that ultimately Thanksgiving is about being thankful, not the mashed potatoes. Make sure to take time relax and enjoy all of everyone around you.
5. Turkey Made Easy: Pick up an oven ready turkey, such as a Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey, so you can spend more time with family and friends and less time sweating in the kitchen. This requires no preparation, goes straight from the freezer to the oven and makes for a tender juicy turkey.
Interested in more tips, recipes or about Jennie-O Turkey Store® Oven Ready turkey? Visit jennieo.com
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2016 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.