SPRING LAMB SKILLET
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 pound boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
• 2 cups (about 8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
• 2 medium fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 cup sliced green onions
• 3 cups cooked brown rice
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add lamb and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until lamb is browned.
Remove from skillet; reserve.
Add squash, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in rice, rosemary, salt, pepper and reserved lamb.
Cook until thoroughly heated.
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
Dietary Fiber 2g
USA Rice Federation www.usarice.com