Yield: Makes 4 servings.
• 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
• 1 pound lamb, thinly sliced*
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in beef broth)**
• 1 2¼-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
• 1 teapoon dried organo
• 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
• 1/2 cup (2-ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade; coarsely chop artichokes, set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons reserved marinade in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add lamb; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring, until brown.
Remove from skillet; set aside.
Add remaining marinade to skillet; add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until bell peper is tender.
Stir in rice, lamb, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
* Substitute chicken for lamb, if desired.
**Substitute chicken broth for beef broth if using chicken.
Total Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
Dietary Fiber 1g
USA Rice Federation www.usarice.com