ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERBS
• 5 lb boneless leg of lamb
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme
• 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 4 sprigs fresh sage
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
• 2 Tbsp peanut oil or canola oil
• 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
• Course sea salt
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lay the lamb flat (cute side up) on a clean surface and sprinkle it with kosher salt and pepper. Arrange half the herbs and all the garlic on the meat. Roll the meat tightly and tie it with kitchen twine at 1-inch intervals
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium. Season the lamb roll with kosher salt and pepper; add it to the skillet to the oven.
3. Roast the lamb in the oven for about 45 minutes. Add the butter and the remaining herbs to the skillet and continue roasting, basting occasionally, for about 15 minutes. (The lamb is medium rare when a thermometer inserted in the center of the roll read 125 degrees F). Remove the meat for the oven, cover it loosely with foil, and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the lamb, sprinkle it with a touch of coarse sea salt, and serve.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Mens Health magazine