SAVORY FRUIT SAUSAGE SAUTÉ
Prep Time: 10 minutes
• 1/3 cup apple juice
• 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1 pound turkey Kielbasa sausage, sliced 1/3 inch thick
• 1 cup sliced onion
• 2 medium tart red apples, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
• 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dried plums, halved
• Salt and pepper
In small bowl, whisk apple juice, mustard and vinegar; set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add sausage and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
Add apples; cook and stir 5 minutes.
Add dried plums and apple juice mixture; reduce heat to low.
Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
% of Calories from Fat 26%
California Dried Plum Board - www.californiadriedplums.org