BOW TIES AND CHICKEN CONFETTI
Makes 4 servings
• 6 ounces bow tie pasta
• 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, snipped into bits
• 1/4 cup boiling water
• 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Canola oil
• 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 to 15 chunks
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons cold water
• 6 ounces grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar (about 1 1/2 cups)
• 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sundried tomatoes and boiling water; set aside to soften.
3. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, tilting to coat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides and no longer pink in center, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to plate and set aside.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and return to heat. Add green pepper and garlic and sauté until slightly softened. Add chicken broth, herb seasoning and softened sundried tomatoes and bring to simmer.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Add slowly to simmering broth mixture, stirring until thickened; cook for 1 minute. Stir in cheese, basil and reserved chicken; cook just until cheese is just melted.
6. Place drained pasta in serving bowl. Pour chicken mixture on top, stirring gently to combine. Garnish with basil sprigs.
Calories 380 , Total Fat 14g , Saturated Fat 6g , Sodium 827mg , Carbohydrates 39g , Dietary Fiber 4g , Protein 29g , Calcium 324mg
Recipe & photo from Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Recipe submitted by Taimi Reip of Washington, New Jersey