FoodReference.com (since 1999)
COOKING TIPS AND HINTS SECTION
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes | COOKING_TIPS | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals and Events
Cooking and Kitchen Tips and Hints, Measurements, Shopping Advice, Serving Ideas, etc.
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications
Use a ceramic plate instead of plastic wrap to cover a bowl when reheating foods in a microwave. This works fine and you avoid the potential health risks of using plastics in microwave ovens.
Microwave Oven Safety Tips:
• Read package directions carefully. Different brands have different cooking specifications.
• Read recipes ahead of time. If you plan to use frozen food as an ingredient, the recipe may call for a thawed product.
• Be aware of whether your microwave oven has a longer or shorter cooking time than the average.
• Keep your microwave oven clean, since any drippings affect the efficient operation of microwave energy. A messy microwave oven will cook more slowly and unevenly.
• Don't add an extension cord to the microwave oven's own cord. Microwave ovens should use a separate 110 grounded circuit.
• Don't connect other appliances to the same circuit. Reduced electrical energy affects cooking and may harm the microwave.
• Don't deep fat fry foods or cook foods from home preserving since the microwave's temperature cannot be controlled properly.
• Don't use plastic wrappings from purchased refrigerated foods in a microwave oven since they may melt.
• Don't use unsafe/non-microwaveable containers. Either the containers or the microwave itself may be damaged.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.