• griddlecakes were a 'string of flats'
• an inferior cook was a 'boiler' or 'sizzler'
• cooks helpers were 'cookees'
• companies that had lunch brought to men in the woods rather than let them return to camp were called 'nosebag shows'
• camps providing bad food were 'hardtack outfits'
You are here > Home > FOOD TRIVIA & FACTS >
Also see: Food Articles and Cooking Tips
FOOD TRIVIA and FOOD FACTS
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2022 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
Home | Articles | FOOD TRIVIA | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD TRIVIA and FOOD FACTS SECTION