FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
A healthful, affordable recipe.
To roast bell pepper, place on baking sheet; broil in oven until blistered and charred. Put in heavy plastic or paper bag, seal; let set for 20 minutes. Peel skin; don't worry if all the charred parts don't come off. (If you don't have time to roast the pepper, purchase roasted peppers, or omit peppers entirely.)
• 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced (optional)
• 1 Tbsp margarine
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (scallions) or chives, snipped
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 tsp Tabasco (optional)
• 4 ears fresh sweet corn
Preheat outdoor grill.
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the red pepper, margarine, green onions and cilantro (optional). Add salt, pepper, and Tabasco, if desired.
2. Husk and clean the corn. Place each ear individually in the center of a piece of aluminum foil, shiny side up. Coat each ear with a quarter of the pepper seasoning mixture. Wrap the foil around the corn, making sure the ear is well sealed by the foil. (Refrigerate until ready to grill.)
3. Place corn on grill near the edges or cooler areas. Grill until tender, turning frequently, about 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully unwrap the corn and serve.
Nutrients per serving: 1 serving of corn
Calories 103;Saturated Fat 0.6 g;Iron 0.5 mg; Protein 3 g;Cholesterol 0 mg;Calcium 4 mg; Carbohydrate 17 g;Vitamin A 61 RE;Sodium 192 mg; Total Fat 3.9 g;Vitamin C 6 mg;Dietary Fiber 3 g
USDA Food & Nutrition Services - Team Nutrition: Food, Family & Fun
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020
James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.