FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-It And Enjoy-It! Healthy Cookbook
Phyllis Pellman Good
Recipe: Rika Allen, New Holland, PA
Makes 2 main-dish servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 2 tsp. garlic, minced
• 2 cups (1 large) diced bell sweet pepper, your choice of colors
• 1 cup (1 medium) diced tomatoes
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. ground turmeric
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 tsp. ground coriander
• 15½ oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 2 Tbsp. water
• dash of pepper
1. Chop and dice onion, garlic, bell pepper, and tomatoes before beginning to cook, keeping each vegetable separate.
2. In a good-sized skillet or saucepan, heat olive oil and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
3. Stir in turmeric, cumin, and coriander.
4. Add peppers and tomatoes and saute.
5. Then add chickpeas.
6. Stir in water. Cover. Reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
7. Add pepper and cook another minute.
8. Serve as is, or over cooked rice (not included in analysis).
Calories 382, Protein 13g, Carbohydrates 64g, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 2g, Monounsoturated Fat 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 667 mg. Fiber 14g
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020
James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.