FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Country Living Flavors of Country Cookbook
by the Editors of Country Living
Makes 4 Side-Dish Servings
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
• 1 cup dried chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• Two 14 1/2-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 small dove garlic, finely minced
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Make The Chickpeas:
• In a pressure cooker, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the onion and celery and saute until translucent. Add the chickpeas and chicken broth.
• Seal the pressure-cooker lid, bring the cooker to high pressure, and cook for 40 minutes.
• Strain the chickpeas, transfer them to a large bowl, and toss with the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
• Serve warm.
Nutrition information per serving: protein: 12.8 g; fat: 18.4 g; carbohydrate: 36 g; fiber: 7.4 g; sodium: 387 mg; cholesterol: 4.2 mg; calories: 345.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020
James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.