• 1 pound Spaghetti or Linguine, uncooked
• 2 28-oz. cans peeled plum tomatoes
• 3 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
• 5 tsp. finely minced garlic
• 2 6-oz. cans tomato paste
• 2 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil, and add the garlic. Saute the garlic, stirring it for 15 seconds (do not let it brown). Add the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the parsley. Pour over pasta.
Recipe & Photo courtesy of the National Pasta Association