GRILLED SAUSAGE AND SUMMER VEGETABLE PASTA
Semi-Homemade Grilling 2
by Sandra Lee
Prep: 25 minutes
Grill: 18 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
• 1 package (16-ounce) penne pasta, Barilla®
• 8 ounces Fresh asparagus, trimmed
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
• 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
• 1/2 of a red onion, thickly sliced
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, Bertolli®
• Ground black pepper, McCormick®
• 4 hot Italian sausages
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, Bertolli®
• 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix, Good Seasons®
• 1 teaspoon crushed garlic. Gourmet Garden®
• Shredded Parmesan cheese, DiGiorno®
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. In a large bowl, toss asparagus, bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and onion with the 1 tablespoon oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
2. Place sausages and vegetables on hot, oiled grill (use a vegetable grilling basket if desired). Watch for flare-ups when putting vegetables on grill. Cook For 18 to 20 minutes or until sausages are done (160 degrees F) and vegetables are al dente, turning sausages and vegetables often.
3. Remove sausages and vegetables from grill. Carefully slice sausages diagonally. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, sliced sausages, and vegetables.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup oil, the salad dressing mix, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss. Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Prepare vegetables as directed.
Place vegetables and sausages in a foil-lined baking pan.
Roast in oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until sausages are done (160 degrees F) and vegetables are al dente.
Serve as directed.