LAMB KABOBS RECIPE
See also: Cordon Bleu Grilling Tips Article; Italian Burgers; Short Rib & Mushroom Burger; Grilled Duckling Breast
Recipe Serves 6.
* 1Â½ pound American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1Â½-inch cubes
* 1 cup lime juice
* 4 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 18 small vine ripe tomatoes
* 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 18 cipollini onions, peeled and blanched
* 12 wedges of fennel
* 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon basil
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic. Whisk to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting.
2. In a bowl, toss lamb cubes and marinade to coat well. Place lamb in plastic bag and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 10 to 12 hours.
3. Toss tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and fennel wedges with olive oil, basil and salt.
4. Remove lamb from marinade. Alternate lamb cubes with vegetables on skewer.
5. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5 to 6 minutes longer, turning and basting frequently.
Recipe courtesty of Le Cordon Bleu & Master Chef Edward G. Leonard