FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
See also: Cost of Club Sandwich in 35 Cities
One theory on the origin of the Club Sandwich is that it was invented in an exclusive Saratoga Springs, New York, gambling club in the late 19th century by a maverick line cook named Danny Mears.
To help hotel guests and hotels.com users learn how to prepare the perfect club sandwich on their own, John Torode, chef, restaurateur and TV presenter reveals in this video how kitchen skills can result in lunch that tastes just right.
Bacon, poached chicken, lettuce, tomato, hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard
1. Thinly sliced the chicken, egg, tomatoes and iceberg lettuce
2. Toast the bread and mix the mayonnaise and mustard to create Dijonnaise and spread the Dijonnaise on one side of each slice
3. Add the bacon on top of the first slice, followed by the chicken, layered in opposite directions
4. Add the second slice of toast Dijonnaise side down and top with another spreading of Dijonnaise before topping with the lettuce, tomatoes and egg
5. Add the final slice on top, Dijonnaise side down
6. Press down the edges of the sandwich to hold the ingredients together. Place four toothpicks to hold the sandwich together, one in each corner
7. Cut away the sides of the sandwich and serve with hot fries
To book, visit www.hotels.com, call 1-800-2-hotels, use our mobile apps, or book with a friend through our Facebook app Hotels WithMe.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2015 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.