SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL PARTY RECIPES:
Minced Meatballs With Savory Ginger Dipping Sauce
See also Article:
Allergy-Free Party Food
Makes 35 meatballs
• 1 cup rice thins, ground into crumbs
• 1 cup milk substitute
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
• 4 tablespoons Manchego or Pecorino Romano cheese grated (sheep cheese)
• 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
• ¼ cup Sorghum flour
• 2 to 3 tablespoons canola or grape seed oil
In mixing bowl, mix first 9 ingredients. Mix and knead mixture to make a paste. Form balls and roll them in flour.
Fry meatball in hot oil until golden. Serve hot.
These meatballs can be made ahead and frozen.
Reheat in oven before serving. Serve with dipping sauce.
Savory Ginger Dipping Sauce
Makes 1½ cups
• 2 tablespoons olive oil or margarine, milk-free, corn-free
• ½ cup onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons green pepper, finely chopped
• 1½ tablespoons white rice flour
• 1½ cups organic beef broth
• 2 tablespoons organic ketchup (no corn syrup)
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1½ tablespoons fresh shredded ginger
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In saucepan, melt margarine or add olive oil. Add onions and green peppers, sauté until tender. Add rice flour to make roux. Slowly add beef broth to roux, and stir until smooth. Add rest of the ingredients and heat until just boiling. Remove from heat. Cool.
Once the mixture is cooled, place it into food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
Heat sauce in saucepan prior to serving.
The sauce can be made 1 to 2 days ahead.
Adapted from materials prepared by Terry Traub, R.D.H., B.S., Author of Food to Some, Poison to Others. Copyright 2008, Terry Traub, All Rights Reserved, Used with Permission.
'Food to Some, Poison to Others: The Food Allergy Detection Program' (Frederick Fell Publishers, July 2008, ISBN: 978-0-8839117-1-6, $14.95)