VEGETARIAN ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNE
• 12 pieces Lasagne, uncooked
• Vegetable oil cooking spray
• 8 oz. mushrooms, halved
• 2 zucchini or yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 yellow or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp. olive or vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
• 1 26-oz. jar fat-free spaghetti sauce
• 1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta chees
• 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
• 1 large egg white
• 1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
• 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare lasagne according to package directions. While lasagne is cooking, heat oven to 425° F. Coat a shallow metal roasting pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, squash, bell peppers and onion. In a small dish, combine vinegar, oil, garlic and rosemary; brush evenly over vegetables. Bake vegetables 15 minutes; toss vegetables. Continue baking 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce over bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise) over the sauce. Cover lasagne with 1 cup sauce. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, egg white and hot red pepper flakes. Drop half the cheese mixture by spoonfuls over sauce; arrange half of the roasted vegetables between spoonfuls of cheese mixture. Arrange another 4 pieces of lasagne over cheese and vegetables, pressing lightly; top with 1 cup sauce. Repeat layering with remaining cheese, roasted vegetables, 4 pieces of lasagne and remaining sauce.
Reduce oven temperature to 375° F. Cover lasagne with foil; bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe & Photo courtesy of the National Pasta Association