FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Fast & Fit: 150 Quick & Healthy Everyday Recipes Ready in Just 30 Minutes or Less
by Ellen Haas
Serving size: 1/4 pound of shrimp with sauce
Number of servings: 4
• 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
• 1 large shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 1/2 to 1 jalaperio chili pepper, or to taste, seeded
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon honey
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled & deveined
• 4 metal or bamboo (presoaked in water) skewers
• 2 cups cooked rice
1. Place the mango, shallot, and jalaperio pepper in a food processor or blender and puree. Add the lime juice and honey. Season to taste with salt and more jalapeno pepper, if desired.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Drizzle the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the mango mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
4. Grill the shrimp skewers on both sides until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Serve the shrimp over rice and drizzle with the remaining mango sauce.
Per Serving: Calories 275; Fat 3g; Protein 26 g; Sodium 209 mg; Carbohydrate 36 g; Fiber 3 g; Saturated Fat 1 g
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.