WINE POACHED TILAPIA WITH HERB SAUCE
The firmer the Flesh the less moisture you want to take away making poaching a wonderful choice for low-fat tilapia A white wine sauce is simple yet sophisticated with delicious earthy herbal undertones.
Start to Finish 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
• 2 cups white wine
• 2 cups vegetable broth, Swanson®
• 1 rib celery, cut into 4 pieces
• 1 carrot, shaved and cut into 4 pieces
• 1 thick onion slice, peeled
• 6 tilapia Fillets, rinsed and patted dry
• 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning. Old Bay®
• 1 packet (1.6-ounce) garlic herb sauce mix, Knorr®
• 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a large skillet, combine wine, vegetable broth, celery, carrot, and onio.n Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a low simmer.
2. Season both sides of tilapia fillets with seafood seasoning. Carefully slide fillets into poaching liquid. Poach fillets for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove fillets from skillet, cover, and set aside. Ladle 1½ cups poaching liquid into small saucepan. Stir in garlic herb sauce mix and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve tilapia hot with sauce drizzled over top.