SEA BASS WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND GREEN BEANS
Divine Kosher Cuisine: Catering to Family and Friends
by Rise' Routenberg, Barbara Wasser
Roasting on a bed of vegetables spiced with fresh ginger and curry powder gives this dish a distinctive flavor.
Yield: 4 Servings
• 1½ pounds plum tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
• 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 2 teaspoons peeled, minced fresh gingerroot
• 4 6-ounce sea bass fillets, about 1½ inches thick
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease rimmed cookie sheet and 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. Combine tomatoes, onions and garlic, toss with oil and place on sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in oven until onions begin to brown, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from oven and increase temperature to 450°F.
4. Add beans, curry powder and ginger to tomato mixture and place half in pan.
5. Top with fish and remaining tomato mixture. Bake until opaque in center, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Recommended Wine: Beaujolais