OLIVE CRUSTED SEA BASS FILLET
Recipe from ‘Olives’ by Avner Laskin
When selecting fish for cooking, look for clear eyes, red gills, and moist shiny skin. If the fish is already filleted, look for firm flesh that is closely packed and not ragged.
• Two 1-pound sea bass fillets, cleaned
• 1/2 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Cut each fillet in half and place skin-side up in a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3. Place the olives, breadcrumbs, olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. Mix well until the mixture is the consistency of wet sand.
5. Spread the breadcrumb mixture completely over the fish.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and arrange on a serving dish. Pour the lemon juice over the fish and serve immediately.