JERK GRILLED RABBIT WITH ALLSPICE AND CILANTRO SWEET POTATOES
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Marinate: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons dark rum
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1½ teaspoons McCormick Gourmet Collection Ground Allspice, divided
• 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Crushed Red Pepper
• 1 rabbit (about 3 pounds), quartered
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
• 2 medium sweet potatoes (1½ pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
• 1½ cups thinly sliced onions
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mix sugar, rum, vinegar, oil, 1 teaspoon each of the allspice and salt, thyme, garlic powder and crushed red pepper in small bowl. Place rabbit in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or longer for extra flavor.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each allspice and salt in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and onions; toss to coat. Place sweet potato mixture in center of large sheet of heavy duty foil. Bring up sides of foil; double fold top and ends to tightly seal packet.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat (325° to 350°F) for indirect grilling. Remove rabbit from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Place rabbit on grill rack over unlit burner. Place foil packet over lit burner. Cover.
4. Grill rabbit 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Grill foil packet 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, turning packet over halfway through cooking time. Spoon sweet potatoes into large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter and cilantro; toss gently to coat. Serve rabbit with sweet potatoes.
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings