Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook:
Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone! by Phyllis Good
Donna Treloar, Gaston, IN
Makes 6 servings
(Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart)
2 onions, sliced
4-lb. roasting rabbit, skinned
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 bay leaves
1 whole clove
1 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup cold water
1. Place onion in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Insert garlic in rabbit cavity. Place rabbit in slow cooker.
3. Add bay leaves, clove, hot water, and soy sauce to slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours.
5. Remove rabbit and thicken gravy by stirring 2 Tbsp. flour blended into 1/2 cup water into simmering juices in cooker. Continue stirring until gravy thickens. Cut rabbit into serving-size pieces and serve with gravy.
Exchange List Values: Carbohydrate 0.5, Meat, lean 5.0
Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 294 (Calories from Fat 97), Total Fat 11 gm (Saturated Fat 3.2 gm, Polyunsat Fat 2.1 gm, Monounsat Fat 2.9 gm, Cholesterol 110 mg), Sodium 390 mg, Total Carbohydrate 7 gm, Dietary Fiber 1 gm, Sugars 4 gm, Protein 40 gm