PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH TOMATO CORN HASH
Weight Watchers All Time Favorites
Hands-On Prep 6 Min
Cook 15 Min
• 3/4 pound jumbo sea scallops
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 scallions (white and light green parts only), chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
• 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 cup packed torn frisee
1. Sprinkle the scallops with Vs teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook just until browned and opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
2. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the corn and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook, stirring constantly, until it evaporates, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the cilantro and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide the scallops, hash, and frisee among 4 plates and serve at once.
How We Did It:
Scallops pan-sear best when they are thoroughly dry and the skillet is very hot. Blot the scallops with paper towels until there is no trace of moisture on them. The scallops should sizzle when they are placed in the skillet. Keep in mind that just a few additional seconds of cooking time will turn the scallops chewy and dry, so don't overcook them.
Per Serving (2 scallops and 1/4 cup hash): 157 Cal, 6 g Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 28 mg Chol, 312 mg Sod, 13 g Carb, 2 g Fib, 16 g Prot, 31 mg Calc.
Points Value: 3.