ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz about once a week)
1) All of the following events took place in the same year, what year was it?
· In January Hershey Chocolate increases the size of the Hershey Bar from 1.05 oz to 1.2 oz, and in December to 1.35 oz.
· Water rationing goes into effect in Marin County north of San Francisco.
· Iceland breaks diplomatic relations with Britain over cod fishing rights.
· Both Washington and Moscow extend their fishing rights to 200 miles offshore.
· The FDA bans Red No. 2 Dye, the most commonly used food coloring.
· Perrier Water is introduced in the U.S.
· New York's "21" Club hires its first waitress to settle a sex discrimination lawsuit.
2) What was the first movie to show a toilet flushing?
3) Shark attacks kill fewer then 20 people each year.
How many sharks are killed by humans each year?
1) All of the events took place in 1976. (Food Timeline 1976-80)
2) The Alfred Hitchcock film 'Psycho' was the first film to show a toilet flushing. The character Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) was shown flushing a toilet with a torn up paper swirling in the water.
(Toilet Trivia & Facts)
3) Estimates are that 26 to 73 million* sharks are killed each year worldwide, many of them for their fins - shark-fin soup is a staple at Chinese celebrations and a popular item on Chinese menus. *(Some put the number as low as 10 million and others as high as 100 million). (Shark Trivia and Facts)
Explore the Food Trivia Quizzes Section
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2014 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.