ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz about once a week)
1) What do the following products all have in common: Barnum's Animal Crackers, Cream of Wheat Cereal, Grey Poupon Mustard, Knox Gelitin, Life Savers, Milk Bone Dog Biscuits, Planters Peanuts and A.1. Steak Sauce?
2) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year was it?
•• The U.S. Congress passes the National School Lunch Act
•• Self rising cornmeal is marketed for the first time
•• The New Haven Restaurant Institute opens in a storefront. It soon becomes The Culinary Institute of America
•• Frozen French Fries go on sale at the R.H. Macy department store in New York
•• Tupperware was introduced
•• French's Instant Potato (mashed potatoes) is introduced
•• The cocktail 'Moscow Mule' is created (Smirnoff vodka and ginger beer in a copper mug)
•• George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' was published
•• The Andrews Sisters recorded 'Avocado'
•• Brennan's French & Creole Restaurant opens in New Orleans
3) Kemmons Wilson of Memphis, Tennessee named his famous hospitality company after his favorite movie.
What was the name of the movie?
1) All of the products are made by Nabisco Foods Inc.
(Nabisco Trivia and Facts)
2) The year was 1946. (Food Timeline: 1946-1950)
3) Wilson was the founder of Holiday Inn hotels, which he named after his favorite movie, 'Holiday Inn' (featuring Bing Crosby singing 'White Christmas').
Explore the Food Trivia Quizzes Section
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2015 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.