ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz about once a week)
1) "X" was a surveyor, school teacher, newspaper publisher, inventor and businessman. As an early pioneer settler in Texas he made the first topographical map of Texas, and in 1838 he surveyed and laid out the site of Galveston. He developed a meat biscuit in 1851, and after several failed attempts, finally developed a method to make another new product in 1853. A product that scientific experts said was impossible to make!
He had to work hard to convince the U.S. Patent Office to grant him a patent, but he finally obtained one in 1856. His first attempts to market this new product ended in business failure, but finally with financial backing from a wholesale grocer, Jeremiah Milbank, he founded a new company which eventually became the largest of its kind.
What is "X's" name, and what product did he invent?
2) What is a nectarine?
3) What is the key ingredient in 78% of American’’s favorite recipes?
1) Gail Borden developed condensed milk and founded the New York Condensed Milk Company, later renamed Borden Inc. Which became the largest dairy in the United States. (Borden Co. Trivia & Facts)
2) A nectarine is a fuzzless variety of peach. It is not a cross between a peach and a plum. (Nectarine Trivia & Facts)
3) Tomatoes are the key ingredient in 78% of America’n’s favorite recipes. (Tomato Trivia and Facts)
Questions are above and also on the home page
(New Trivia Questions Daily)
Explore the Food Trivia Quizzes Section
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2014 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.