CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW (A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· The USDA issues grade standards for potatoes, the first official grade standard for a fruit or vegetable by USDA.
· The French government regulates the price of Gruyere cheese.
· The MoonPie is introduced, marshmallow between 2 chocolate covered Graham crackers.
· The Clark Bar is introduced by Pittsburgh candy-maker David L. Clark.
2) One of the few native American cheeses, this is a pungent, surface ripened cheese, with a pale yellow crust and semi soft interior. It was developed by Emil Frey of New York in 1882, and was named after a singing society.
Name this cheese.
3) This plant is native to Central Asia, and is used to make flour, and beer, but most of it is used for livestock and poultry feed. It is most popular in Russia, but nowhere is it a major crop. Honey from this plant's blossoms is dark and highly flavored. It is not a cereal grain, but is actually an herb related to rhubarb. Name this plant.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1917.
(Food History Timeline: 1916-1920)
2) Liederkranz (after the Liederkranz Club).