FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Cookbooks | Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
1) You are walking through a field, and you find something to eat. It doesn't have bones, and it doesn't have meat. You pick it up and put it into your pocket. You take it home and put it on the shelf, but three days later it walks away.
What is it?
2) All of the following events took place in the same year, what year was it?
· In January Hershey Chocolate increases the size of the Hershey Bar from 1.05 oz to 1.2 oz, and in December to 1.35 oz.
· Water rationing goes into effect in Marin County north of San Francisco.
· Iceland breaks diplomatic relations with Britain over cod fishing rights.
· Both Washington and Moscow extend their fishing rights to 200 miles offshore.
· The FDA bans Red No. 2 Dye, the most commonly used food coloring.
· Perrier Water is introduced in the U.S.
· New York's "21" Club hires its first waitress to settle a sex discrimination lawsuit.
3) What movie used chocolate syrup for blood in a famous shower scene?
1) An egg.
2) All of the events took place in 1976.
3) Chocolate syrup was used for the blood in the famous shower scene in the Alfred Hitchcock movie 'Psycho'. The scene lasts for about 45 seconds in the movie, but took 7 days to film.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2016 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.