ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz about once a week)
1) Good, ripe cranberries will bounce. Bounceberry is another name for them.
Why do cranberries bounce?
2) How many cranberries are in a pound?
3) From about 1900 through 1955, nearly 4 billion of these plants were destroyed by Cryphonectria parasitica, leaving only a few isolated clumps in the upper Midwest and Pacific Northwest. The plant is the source of a traditional winter holiday food.
Can you name this plant?
1) Small pockets of air inside the berry cause the cranberry to bounce. Air also causes berries to float in water.
2) There are approximately 450 cranberries in a pound.
(Cranberry Trivia and Facts)
3) The Chestnut tree. (Chestnut Trivia and Facts)
Explore the Food Trivia Quizzes Section
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2014 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.