CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1) This black bean sauce enriched with minced pork and beaten eggs was created to be served with lobster.
Name that sauce!
2) This cookie was introduced in 1912. R.D. Blackmore, a British novelist, was the author of a popular book, and the cookie was named for the lead character. Name that cookie!
3) What was Liberty Cabbage?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) Lobster sauce, served with Lobster Cantonese.
2) The Lorna Doone shortbread cookie was introduced in 1912. No one, even at Nabisco, is quite sure of exactly how the name was chosen. All that can be said is that R.D. Blackmore, a British novelist, was the author of a popular book titled 'Lorna Doone,' the lead character, Lorna Doone of course, was of Scottish heritage, and shortbread was considered Scottish. Hence, a shortbread cookie named Lorna Doone.
3) Liberty Cabbage was the alternative name created during World War I, used to refer to Sauerkraut, to avoid using words from the enemies language. A hamburger was referred to as a 'Liberty Sandwich,' and German Measles were 'Liberty Measles.').