CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1) The following events all took place in the same year.
Can you guess what year?
* U.S. Microwave oven sales reach a record 12.6 million.
* The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) bans most uses of sulfites in fresh foods.
* Snapple bottled iced tea is introduced creating a new category of soft drinks.
* Dairy Queen acquires Orange Julius.
* Howard Schultz buys Starbucks, a Seattle coffee bean business, and begins building an empire of coffee bars.
* Charlie Trotter opens his restaurant in Chicago, 'Charlie Trotter's'
* Campbell's introduces Campbell's Cup dry soups.
* Brazilian landowners create new ranch land by burning 80,000 square miles of Amazon rain forest in 79 days.
2) This fruit, Persea americana, is a member of the Laurel family which includes the bay laurel and cinnamon tree. It is said to be the world's most nutritious fruit. It is low in sugar, high in vitamins B6, C and E, its fats are monounsaturated, and contains 60% more potassium per ounce than bananas. It is particularly good as a first solid food for babies.
Name this fruit.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1987.
(Food History Timeline: 1986-1990)
2) The Avocado.