CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1) In 1947 Jeno Paulucci rented a quonset hut in Grand Rapids Minnesota that had been used as a rutabaga cannery. He set up a hydroponic garden, and started packing a product in cans. Within weeks he was selling 300 cases a day of this ethnic food product.
What is the name of his company, what did he grow in the hydroponic garden, and what was the ethnic food he canned?
2) All of the following events took place during the same year, what year was it?
* French prime minister Pierre Mendes-France urges his countrymen to drink more milk and less wine.
* Duncan Hines makes his first trip to Europe. On his return he states that American food is better than European food.
* Trix breakfast cereal is introduced - it is (46.6% sugar).
* Butterball turkey are introduced.
* M&M Chocolate Covered Peanuts are introduced.
* Carnation introduces instant nonfat dry milk.
* The first Burger King opens in Miami, Florida
* The first Wimpy's hamburger bar opens in London.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) Food salesman Jeno Paulucci founded Chun King Corp., grew bean sprouts in the hydroponic garden and packed chicken chow mein in cans.
2) All of the events took place in 1954.
(Food History Timeline: 1951-1955)