CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) When was milk first sold in factory made glass bottles?
2) The following events all took place in the same year. Can you guess what year?
· 'Beard on Bread' by James Beard is published.
· 'Promise' brand margarine was introduced.
· 'Stove Top Dressing' was introduced by General Foods.
· 'Cup o'Noodles' was introduced in the U.S. by Nissin Foods.
· Sales of Vodka beat out whiskey sales in the U.S. for the first time.
· Heinz cannot fill its orders of ketchup to McDonald's due to a tomato shortage.
· Coleman's Mustard celebrates its 150th anniversary.
· The Cuisinart food processor was introduced.
3) In lunch counter slang, what would you get if your order was "bark and belly busters and a city juice"?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) In 1875 the NY Dairy Company was probably the first dairy to use factory made bottles. The first patent for a glass milk container was issued to George Lester in 1878 for the 'Lester Milk Jar.'
2) c) All of the events took place in 1973.
(Food History Timeline: 1971-1975)
3) Hot dog with baked beans and a glass of water.