ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz about once a week)
1) What are the 8 vegetable juices in V-8 Juice?
2) Why was sliced bread banned in the U.S. on January 18, 1943 during World War II?
3) In 1876 B&M baked beans were the first baked beans to be sold in cans.
What does the B&M stand for and what was the specific reason this company canned baked beans?
4) When and where was milk first sold in bottles?
When and where was beer first sold in bottles?
1) V-8 juice is composed of tomato, spinach, celery, carrot, beet, lettuce, watercress and parsley juice.
2) Sliced bread went stale faster, and therefor Americans used more wheat, needed to feed soldiers. Bread slicing machines also needed metal parts for repairs - metal that was needed for manufacturing ships, tanks, guns etc. (More Bread Facts & Trivia)
3) Burnham & Morill Company canned baked beans for use by the fishermen who worked their fishing fleet out of Portland, Maine.
4) Milk was first sold in bottles in 1879 when Echo Farms Dairy began to deliver them in Brooklyn, New York. (More Milk Facts & Trivia)
Beer was first sold in bottles in 1869 by English brewer Francis Manning-Needham. (More Beer Facts & Trivia)
Questions are above and also on the home page
(New Trivia Questions Daily)
Explore the Food Trivia Quizzes Section
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2014 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.