CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1) Gas ranges (stoves) were first introduced in the 1850s.
Why did it take several decades for them to become popular?
2) In 1967 Wisconsin was the last state to finally permit the sale of what food product, but still maintained special taxes on it?
3) In 1903, a German importer received a ship load of beans that had been soaked with saltwater during a storm. He turned to his researchers to figure out a way the shipment might be saved.
What did they come up with?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) Housewives were afraid they would blow up the stoves and themselves!
2) In 1967 Wisconsin repealed its law forbidding the sale of yellow margarine. Until then, margarine could only be sold with a separate coloring 'pellet' in the plastic pouch of white (its natural color) margarine, which had to be kneaded into the margarine by the consumer to color it to look the same as butter. As in many other states, the dairy industry was able to force the continuation of a special tax on margarine.
3) The researchers perfected a process to remove the caffeine from the saltwater soaked coffee BEANS, and invented Sanka Coffee - a contraction of the French "sans caffeine."