CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· Legendary French Chef Paul Bocuse was born, known as one of the founders of 'nouvelle cuisine'.
· The Mount Olive Pickle Company was founded in North Carolina.
· The first automatic pop-up toaster was introduced by the Waters-Genter Company of Minneapolis, MN.
· Hormel Company of Austin, Minnesota marketed the first canned ham.
· Milk Duds are introduced by Chicago candy maker Milton J. Holloway.
2) These fruits grow on spiny evergreen shrubs and trees which are members of the rue family, bearing white or purple flowers. The fruits are classified botanically as a type of berry called a hesperidium, with spongy or leathery skin. They are native to Southeast Asia and the East Indies and have been cultivated there for about 4,000 years. Jupiter presented one to Juno as a wedding gift. Muslim armies broughT them to Spain in the 6th and 7th centuries, and other varieties were introduced into Europe in the 12th century, and to America in the late 15th century. They are now grown in many areas of the world including North and South America, the Mediterranean region, Australia, and South Africa.
Name this fruit.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1926.
(Food History Timeline: 1926-1930)
2) Citrus Fruits.