CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW (A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· Cocoa Puffs cereal by General Mills and Cocoa Krispies by Kellogg's are introduced.
· Sweet n' Low artificial sweetener was introduced.
· The first Pizza Hut opens in Wichita, Kansas.
· McDonald's sold its 100 millionth hamburger.
· Jif peanut butter is introduced.
2) What famous fast food company was founded by James W. McLamore and David Edgerton in Miami, Florida?
3) A member of the morning glory family, related to the turnip, with flesh the color and texture of waterchestnuts, this tuber has a sweet, nutty flavor. It is native to the Americas, and was introduced into the Philippines and Malaysia in the 17th century. Its use has spread throughout Asia and the Pacific islands. It is great in salads, and is frequently used in stir fries. The crisp white flesh remains crisp after cooking. Only the roots are eaten, as the leaves, stems, ripe pods, and seeds may be poisonous. The mature seeds contain a fairly high concentration of rotenone, an insecticide. Can you name this vegetable?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1958.
(Food History Timeline: 1956-1960)
2) James W. McLamore and David Edgerton founded Burger King in Miami, Florida in 1954.