CHICK-PEAS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
Each serving equals 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetables
• red onion, small, sliced crosswise and separated into rings
• ½ tsp rosemary, dried, crumbled
• 1 tomato, medium, chopped
• 2½ cup chick-peas, canned, rinsed and drained
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ cup vegetable stock, low-sodium
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato bits
In a large no-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
Add the onions and rosemary; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
Stir in the stock and chopped tomatoes.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until all the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in the chick-peas, tomato bits and vinegar; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 217, Fat 6g, Calories from Fat 26%, Cholesterol 0mg, Fiber 6g, Sodium 77mg.
The National 5 A Day Program - www.5aday.gov