CARAWAY DILL SALMON WITH ROASTED POTATOES
Caraway and dill seeds add color, aroma and texture to this easy, one-dish meal featuring some of spring’s signature flavors.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes 6 servings.
• 1½ teaspoons McCormick Caraway Seed
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Dill Seed
• 1½ pounds small white potatoes, quartered
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1½ pounds salmon fillet, cut into 6 serving-size pieces
• 2 slices bacon
• 3 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
• 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Coarsely grind caraway seed, salt, pepper and dill seed in food processor or clean coffee grinder.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 large shallow baking pans with foil; spray with no stick cooking spray. Place potatoes on one pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1 heaping teaspoon of seed mixture; toss to coat well. Roast on lower rack of oven 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place salmon on remaining pan. Rub with remaining seed mixture. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. After potatoes have cooked 20 minutes, place salmon in oven. Roast salmon and potatoes 10 minutes, or until salmon is desired doneness and potatoes are tender.
4. While salmon roasts, cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Add tomatoes and bell pepper to drippings in skillet and cook 4 minutes. Coarsely crumble bacon; add with green onions to skillet. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Serve with salmon and potatoes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
About 304 Calories, Fat 12g, Protein 26g, Carbohydrates 23g, Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 348mg, Fiber 4g
Copyright © 2006 McCormick & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.