BAKED STUFFED STRIPED BASS
Yield: 6 servings
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped celery
• a pinch of dried tarragon
• 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
• 2 pounds Florida striped bass fillets
• 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
• Florida lemon or lime juice
• 2 cups soft bread crumbs
• 3-4 peeled Florida tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sauté in a large sauce pan the onion, celery, and mushrooms in butter or margarine for 5 minutes.
Stir into the sauteed vegetables the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and tarragon.
Grease a large shallow baking dish.
Arrange the striped bass fillets in the baking dish and sprinkle with lemon or lime juice.
Spread stuffing over the fish fillets.
Cover with the tomato slices.
Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services