BEST BROILED BASS
Yield: 4 servings
· 4 8oz. boneless Florida striped bass fillets
· 1 large Florida onion (sliced thinly and separated into rings)
· 1/4 cup butter or margarine
· 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
· 2 Florida lemons
· 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Dip bass fillets into melted butter and place on non-stick broiler pan.
Sprinkle fish evenly with lemon pepper and cayenne pepper.
Place onion rings on the fillets and then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
Bake for 8 minutes on center oven rack, then turn on broiler at 500 degrees and allow enough time to brown the fish and onions (3 to 6 minutes).
Remove and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
Squeeze lemon over fish and serve.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services