Terrific Tailgating Tips And Recipes
Kevin Roberts, Hot Off Food Network’s “the Next Food Network Star” Shares His Terrific Tailgating Tips And Recipes
Football season just wouldn’t be the same without the tradition of tailgating and all the menu munchies we’ve come to associate with the season. Whether you are tailgating for two from the couch at home or on-site with a bunch of your die-hard buddies, every game requires great game day grub. With delicious recipes and simple tips from Kevin Roberts, one of ten finalists on the Food Network’s “The Next Food Network Star,” you can score big.The secret is FRANK’S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce, the same sauce used to create the original Buffalo Wing recipe that has become an all time game favorite.
Munchies Madman Kevin Roberts recommends a few tips when preparing for the big game:
1. Plan your menu and keep it simple. This will ensure that you can enjoy the game and don’t spend the entire day in the kitchen preparing.
2. Serve a crowd pleaser. Chicken wings are the #1 appetizer on restaurant menus*. You can enjoy that great flavor of restaurant quality wings at home with a simple two-step process: just grill your wings and toss them in Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo Wing Sauce. Fresh, saucy, crispy!
3. Food should be ready about 2 hours before the game starts so people can load up before sitting down. This will avoid the continual “WAVE” of people getting-up in front of the TV.
4. Use disposable goods to protect the environment and avoid having to do a million dishes after the game. Post-game clean-up is definitely a party foul.
“The delicious Buffalo flavor of Frank’s RedHot adds the perfect blend of flavor and heat to make any tailgating recipe a crowd pleaser,” explained Kevin Roberts. “I use Frank’s RedHot on everything and that goes beyond Buffalo wings —burgers and fries, shrimp and tacos, even popcorn and pizza.” Try some of my recipes that will be sure to score big with your friends and family:
GRILLED GAME TIME BUFFALO WINGS
Cheer on the original Buffalo flavor with Grilled Game Time Buffalo Wings.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
1. GRILL wings over medium heat 20 to 25 min. until cooked and crispy.
2. TOSS in Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Tip: Thaw frozen wings before grilling.
Wing Variations: Cook wings as directed above. Toss in one of the sauce variations below.
Shanghai Red: Combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in small bowl. Mix until well blended.
Cajun on the Grill: Combine 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend in small bowl. Mix until well blended.
Santa Fe Wings: Combine 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce, 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, 1/4 cup chili sauce, and 1 teaspoon chili powder in small bowl. Mix until well blended.
BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
Watch the crowd go wild with this quick and simple Buffalo Chicken Tender recipe – no bones about it! Buffalo Tenders are quick and simple to make in just three steps: bake, toss and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
• 1 (28 oz.) pkg. Frozen breaded chicken tenders (about 16 pieces)
• 3/4 Cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
1. Bake chicken tenders according to package directions until hot.
2. Toss tenders with Buffalo Wing Sauce. Serve immediately.
Tip: You may substitute 1/2 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Sauce mixed with 1/3 cup melted butter for the Buffalo Wing Sauce.
CHEESY BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
This delicious creamy dip tastes like Buffalo Chicken Wings but without the red fingers! Instant replay says, “it’s Good! It’s Good!”
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 3 cups spread (about 12 servings)
• 1 (8 ounce) package Cream cheese
• 1/2 Cup Blue cheese salad dressing
• 1/2 Cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce or FRANK’S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce
• 1/2 Cup Crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 Cups Shredded cooked chicken
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place cream cheese into deep dish 9-inch pie plate. Microwave 1 minute to soften. Whisk in salad dressing, FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce and cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken.
2. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Stir well. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or cut up vegetables.
Serve hot with carrots, celery sticks, bell peppers and other veggies for a healthier Super Bowl favorite.
BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS
A quick, easy snack to nibble on with summer cocktails. Feed the entire team with these delicious Buffalo Chicken Nachos:
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Makes 4 servings
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
• 1/2 cup Frank's® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
• 1 (10 oz.) bag tortilla chips
• 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese
• Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
• Sour cream
1. Toss chicken with Buffalo Wing Sauce.
2. Layer chicken mixture with chips and cheese in baking dish or on pizza pan.
3. Bake at 350°F for 5 min. until hot and cheese melts. Garnish as desired. Serve with blue cheese dressing, sour cream and additional Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Tip: You may substitute 1/3 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce mixed with 3 Tbsp. melted butter.
Variations: Add 1/2 cup of the following to nachos along with chicken: chopped bell peppers, sliced green onion, sliced black peppers or diced jalapeno peppers.
For a change of pace, substitute 2 cups diced shrimp.
The distinctive flavor of Frank’s RedHot is also why people keep coming back for more. It all started 80 years ago when Jacob Frank, the founder of Frank’s RedHot, began experimenting with Louisiana Sunlongs, a special strain of cayenne peppers that offers a zesty full-bodied taste. The unique essence of these special cayenne peppers is then combined with vinegar and spices, and aged to perfection. The result is history: the perfect blend of heat and flavor for almost a century and counting. Frank’s RedHot is the secret ingredient used in the original Buffalo Wing created in Buffalo, NY in 1964. For more recipes with the original Buffalo flavor of Frank’s RedHot log onto www.franksredhot.com.