Quick Appetizers for Easter
Impress Your Guests with Instant Appetizers and Sides for Your Easter Celebration
This Easter, impress your guests with quick and crunchy Easter brunch ideas from America’s favorite pickle providers, Vlasic Pickles. These fresh new recipes will kick-start your holiday and give your guests something they’re sure to remember. These recipes will allow you to entertain with ease, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family and friends. The secret weapon in all of these recipes is the crunch you get from a Vlasic Pickle with every bite, every time!
Try the Vlasic Pickles Crunch Bowl party platter at home to maximize your crunch potential:
• Pick your platter, preferably in a pickle shape or tray with separate compartments to keep flavors separate
• For variety of crunch, texture and color, fill the tray with Vlasic® whole pickles, pickle spears, pickle chips and peppers for munching
• Snack straight from the bowl! Get creative – you can use your hands, toothpicks, or even your teeth to crunch and munch (without fat or calories!)
• For more crunch and flavor, add stackers and relish to crackers, hotdogs, burgers or sandwiches.
Warm up your stomach with these appetizing afternoon snacks:
MIX & MATCH CRUNCH KABOBS
Makes 10 appetizers.
• 2 Vlasic Kosher Dill whole pickles - cut into chunks
• 10 cubes (1/2 inch) assorted cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack)
• 10 cubes (3/4 inch) assorted luncheon meat (turkey, ham, salami, bologna)
• Prepared honey mustard dressing
Skewer 1 cheese cube, 1 pickle cube, and 1 meat cube with a toothpick.
Repeat with remaining cheese, pickles and meat.
Serve with honey mustard dressing for dipping.
QUICK TORTILLA WRAP SNACKS
Makes 6 snacks.
• 6 Vlasic Sandwich Stackers® - any variety
• 2 flour tortillas (6 inch)
• 2 slices deli turkey or ham
• 2 slices American cheese
• 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
• Sandwiches & Wraps
Warm tortillas according to package directions.
Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on each tortilla.
Divide meat, cheese, and Sandwich Stackers® between tortillas.
Tightly roll up each tortilla.
Cut each roll into 3 pieces.
PICKLES UNDER WRAPS
• 1 Vlasic Kosher Dill whole pickle, cut in half lengthwise
• 2 slices deli ham
• 2 slices American cheese
• 2 slices white bread
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spray one side of bread with vegetable cooking spray.
Place sprayed side down onto cookie sheet.
Top each with 1 slice ham, 1 half pickle and 1 slice cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
LOUISIANA STYLE POTATO SALAD
Makes 8 servings
• 2 lbs of Potatoes (sliced ¼ inch thick)
• 5 slices of bacon - cut up
• ¾ cup of sour cream and dill salad dressing
• 1-2 TB Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 medium green pepper - diced
• ½ cup sliced green onions
• ½ cup Vlasic Sweet relish
Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender –cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
Combine salad dressing, hot sauce, black pepper and bacon drippings.
Combine the potatoes, green pepper, onion and relish.
Add the dressing mixture.
Toss and coat – refrigerate (4 hours) –
For all the fried food fanatics, use this crunchy concoction for your feast finale:
• Vegetable oil for deep fat frying
• 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1 cup beer
• 1 jar (24 ounces) Vlasic Zesty or Kosher Dill Wholes – cut into chunks – drained
Heat oil (Dutch oven) to 375°F. Batter, stir in ¾ cup flour and peppers – stir in beer.
Place remaining ½ cup of flour in small bowl.
Coat the pickle chunks in flour – then dip into beer batter.
Fry snack chunks a few minutes in the hot oil (a few at a time) until golden brown.
Place on paper towel to drain.
About Vlasic Pickles
Vlasic is available in nine key segments including Kosher Dill Spears, Bread and Butter Chips, Ovals, Sweet Gherkins, Large and Small Whole Dills, Stackers, Relish and Peppers. Look for the familiar Stork character on the bottle in supermarkets near you. Always crunchy and juicy, Vlasic offers all the great flavor and are low in calories and fat. For more information about Vlasic pickles, please visit www.vlasic.com
About Pinnacle Foods Group Inc.
Pinnacle Foods Group, LLC, a leading seller and manufacturer of nationally branded food products. Pinnacle is known for new product innovation and commitment to growth and has a strong line-up of products sold in grocery stores under leading brands including Hungry-Man?, Swanson?, Aunt Jemima?, Celeste?, Mrs. Paul’s?, Van DeKamp?, Vlasic?, Duncan Hines?, Log Cabin?, Mrs. Butterworth’s? and Open Pit?.