FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FREE Magazines and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
CULINARY SCHOOLS and
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Cold Potato Soup:
~ 6 Leeks
~ 1/4 cups olive oil
~ 6 Idaho Potatoes
~ 2 cups Cream
~ Salt and pepper to taste
~ nutmeg to taste
~ Concasse of 2 quarts of Tomatoes
~ 1/2 cup Shallots, finely diced
~ 1/2 cup Garlic, finely minced
~ 6 oz. Olive oil
~ Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
~ 1/2 cup Basil, finely chopped
Potato Soup Method:
1. Sweat leeks in olive oil. Add potatoes, cream, salt and pepper.
2. Cook until potatoes are soft. Puree in large blender, adding more cream if necessary.
3. Add nutmeg and additional salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.
Tomato Soup Method:
1. Sweat shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes and cook down until liquid is almost gone. Add salt, cayenne and basil.
2. Puree by beurre mixer. Chill before serving.
1. Pour equal portions of soup into chilled martini glass.
2. Garnish with a vodka splash, caviar, chopped chives, smoked salmon and Idaho Potato sticks.
Idaho Potato Commission: www.idahopotato.com
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.