FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
The Essential Diabetes Cookbook
by Antony Thompson
This luxurious little number can be served as a canape, appetizer, or main course, depending on the size of the shrimp cakes. For a main course, serve them with Stir-fried Greens, rice, and a dipping sauce.
• 3/4 lb raw tiger shrimp, shell-off and deveined
• 1/2 in piece ginger, peeled & coarsely chopped
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 3 scallions, sliced
• 2 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla)
• 1 egg white
• 14 cup chopped water chestnuts
• 1/4 cup sweet corn niblets
• 1 tablespoon chopped cashew nuts
• 1 hot red chile, seeded and finely diced
• spray oil, for frying
1. In a food processor, blend together the shrimp, ginger, garlic, cilantro, scallions, fish sauce, and egg white to a smooth paste. Transfer a bowl, fold in the remaining ingredients except the oil, and mix well.
2. With wet hands, shape the mixture into 8 small "burgers" or cakes. Refrigerate them to firm up—for about 2 hours if possible.
3. Spray a large frying pan with oil and cook the cakes over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Amount per portion: Energy 97 cals, Protein 17.5g, Fat 1.1g, Saturated fat 0.2g, Carbohydrate 4.7g, Total sugars 1.2g, Fiber 0.4g, Salt 0.98g, Sodium 389mg
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.