FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Panko, or Japanese bread crumbs, are coarser in texture than those typically used in the United States, providing a very crunchy crust.
Prep: 20 min - Bake: 35 min
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1¼ teaspoons salt
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 cup panko or plain dry bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• 16 uncooked peeled deveined extra-large shrimp (about 1 lb), thawed if frozen and peel left on tails
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Generously spray 15 X 10 X 1-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In shallow dish, mix flour and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. In third shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and almonds.
3. Coat shrimp with flour mixture. Dip shrimp into egg, coating well; finally, cover with bread crumb mixture, spooning mixture over shrimp and pressing to coat. Place coated shrimp in pan. Drizzle with butter.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
1 SERVING: Cal 395 (Cal From Fat 190), Fat 21g (Sat Fat 9g), Chol 160mg, Sodium 1150mg, Carbs 34g (Fiber 2g), Pro 18g
% DAILY VALUE: Vit A 12%, Vit C 0%, Calc 12%, Iron 24%
EXCHANGES: 2 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
CARB. CHOICES: 2
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.