FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 2 TSBP Olive oil
• 2 Spring onions, washed, trimmed and diced small
• 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
• 1½ Cups Arborio rice
• ½ Cup White wine
• 5 cups Chicken stock
• 1 TBSP Fresh basil, washed, dried well, trimmed and chopped
• 1 TBSP Chives, washed, trimmed and chopped
• 1 TBSP Flat leaf Italian parsley, washed, trimmed and chopped
• ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
• Kosher salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
1) Heat oil over medium heat in sauce pan. Add spring onions and sauté approx 3 - 4 minutes until soft. Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute stirring constantly to prevent the garlic from browning too much.
2) Add rice and gently stir into the oil and onion mixture for approx 1 minute being sure that all rice kernels are coated with oil. Add wine and simmer very gently until all of wine has been absorbed.
3) Add 1 cup of chicken stock and bring to a light simmer. Stir only once to make sure rice is not stuck to the bottom. When stock has been absorbed add another cup. Repeat this process until all stock has been used. Test rice; if it is still slightly firm add a little more stock or water.
4) Add herbs when there is approx 3 minutes left in the cooking process. Remove the pan from the heat and fold in cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Recipe courtesy of Sebastians.
Sebastians Café and Catering was established in 1994 and has developed into a niche sized but diverse food service provider, offering a high quality dining experience to a wide range of clients in the corporate and distinctive catering, retail, and corporate dining arenas. For more information on Sebastians, please visit www.sebastians.com or call 1.888.563.8334 or 617.563.8334.
About Sebastians Interactive Kitchen
Located in the heart of Boston's revitalized Seaport District, Sebastians Interactive Kitchen is designed for Interactive Cooking Parties and Team Building Events. The space boasts glass, stainless steel, oak, stone and maple finishes with lots of work space. It is stocked with high-end residential kitchen equipment, a showpiece Molteni cooking range, a feature video wall and sound system. And, there's also an elegant dining room with fireplace, full-service bar and a select collection of over 300 bottles of wine.
Sebastians Interactive Kitchen is located at 157 Seaport Boulevard. For information about events call (888) 563-8334 or email [email protected]. Gift certificates are available upon request.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.