MULLET - BROILED MULLET CASSEROLE
Yield: 6 servings
• 2 pounds mullet fillets, approximately 1/2 inch thick
• 2 tablespoons Florida orange juice
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon grated onion
• 2 teaspoons ground oregano
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 3-ounce can tomato paste
• 2 10-ounce packages frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
• 1 cup grated cheese
Place fillets in glass casserole dish.
Combine orange juice, soy sauce, onion, oregano and pepper and pour over fillets.
Broil for five minutes; remove from oven.
Drain and reserve liquid.
Combine reserved liquid, tomato paste and add enough water to make 10 ounces; set aside.
Cover top of fish with broccoli then tomato sauce; top with cheese.
Return casserole to oven and bake at 350º F for 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes.
Florida Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services