MORTON’S CRAB CAKES
• 1 Tbsp. Garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tsp. Shallots, finely chopped
• 1 tsp. Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
• 1 cup White Bread crumbs, fresh
• 1/8 tsp. Salt
• 1/8 tsp. White pepper, ground
In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix garlic, shallots and parsley into breadcrumbs. Add salt and pepper.
• 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, heavy
• 4 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
• 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/2 tsp. Horseradish, prepared
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a stainless steel mixing bowl using a wire whip.
You will use 2 Tbsp. to prepare crab cakes, and the balance will be served on the side.
• 1 lb. Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
• 1 cup Bread crumbs, prepared
• 1 Tbsp. Parsley, fresh and finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp. Mustard Mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
• 1/4 cup Pasteurized Whole Egg
• 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/4 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
• Clarified Butter as needed
Drain crabmeat of all excess liquid and place in a stainless bowl.
Add bread crumbs and toss to distribute evenly.
In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients with a wire whip. Pour over crabmeat mixture.
Mix GENTLY to combine all ingredients.
Divide evenly into 6 portions and form into balls.
Flatten slightly to 1” thick – do not make perfectly flat, because cake should have grooves.
Place portioned crab cakes on a non-stick cookie sheet, slightly oiled with clarified butter.
Place in a preheated 450-degree oven and bake approx. 5 minutes on first side.
Turn crab cake over using a metal spatula.
Finish cooking—approx. 4 minutes.
Place crab cakes in center of plate.
Garnish with lemon and 1 Tbsp. of Mustard Mayonnaise sauce per crab cake.
Recipe courtesy of Morton’s The Steakhouse
About Morton’s: Morton's Restaurant Group, Inc. is the world's largest operator of company-owned upscale steakhouses. Morton's steakhouses have remained true to its founders' original vision of combining generous portions of high quality food prepared to exacting standards with exceptional service in an enjoyable dining environment. The Company owns and operates 76 Morton's steakhouses located in 64 cities in 27 states, and in Puerto Rico and five international locations (Toronto, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, and Mexico City), as well as one Italian restaurant.