COD WITH TARRAGON LEMON BREAD CRUMBS
Recipe from Weight Watchers All Time Favorites
Hands-On Prep: 10 Min
Cook: 15 Min
• 4 (1/4-pound) cod fillets
• 4 teaspoons canola oil
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons plain dried bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons drained capers
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Place the cod fillets in the baking dish; brush the fish with the oil, then drizzle with the lemon juice. Combine the bread crumbs, capers, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over the fish. Bake just until the fish is opaque in the center, 15-20 minutes. Spoon any pan juices over the fillets and sprinkle with the tarragon.
How We Did It: When a recipe calls for grated citrus zest and fresh citrus juice, remember to grate the zest before squeezing the juice; it's much easier to grate zest from a whole piece of fruit.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 fillet): 168 Cal, 6 g Fat, 1 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 60 mg Chol, 388 mg Sod, 5 g Carb, 1 g Fib, 22 g Prot, 40 mg Calc.
Points value: 4.