CHARCOAL GRILLED SHRIMP
Number of Servings: 30 kebabs
• 2 pounds large shrimp in the shell
• 1/3 cup safflower oil
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 3 tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
• 1 tablespoon minced shallots or green onions (white part only)
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1½ teaspoons minced fresh dill
• Several dashes Tabasco sauce
Place shrimp in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
Thread on skewers or place in a wire grill basket.
Grill shrimp over hot coals, turning and brushing with reserved marinade, until pink and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Serve with wooden picks.
Recipe and Image Courtesy of: The Shrimp Council