ROCKFISH, BAKED STUFFED ROCKFISH
Makes 6 servings.
• 1 4-5 pound rockfish, dressed
• salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• melted fat or oil for basting
• Skipjack Oyster Dressing (below)
Wash and dry fish thoroughly.
Sprinkle inside cavity with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Put in shallow, foil-lined baking pan.
Stuff cavity of fish loosely with dressing and secure edges.
Baste liberally with fat or oil.
Bake at 350°F, basting frequently, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 45 to 60 minutes.
SKIPJACK OYSTER DRESSING
Makes about 4 cups dressing.
• 2 large stalks celery
• 1 medium onion
• 1 stick butter or margarine
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
• 1/8 teaspoon mace
• 1/8 teaspoon tarragon
• 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 pint shucked Maryland oysters w/liquor
• 8 slices day-old bread, cubed
Finely chop celery and onions. Sauté in margarine or butter until tender.
Mix in seasonings. Add oysters with liquor and simmer until edges of oysters begin to curl.
Remove from heat and gently mix in bread cubes. Adjust moistness with water, as desired.
Maryland Dept of Agriculture Seafood & Aquaculture