COOKING SCHOOLS & COOKING CLASSES From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees - Associates, Bachelors & Masters - More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables until soft.
3. Add the tomato puree and beefstock (150 ml water, 2 tbs beef stock). Season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In a separate saucepan melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute to form a paste. Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously to avoid any lumps. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
5. Place three lasagna sheets onto the base of a greased 25cmx25cm (10x10in) square ovenproof dish. Top with half the meat and a little of the white sauce and spread roughly. Sprinkle the layer with grated cheese
6. Repeat and finish with the final three lasagne sheets and the remaining white sauce.
7. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Hints And Tips
This recipe is delicious at any time of the year - top with grated cheese for a stronger cheese flavour and a lovely bubbly topping and simply serve with a crisp green salad or seasonal vegetables. The meat can be replaced with mixed vegetables.