CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· The first Iodized table salt in the U.S. went on sale in at grocers in Michigan.
· Clarence Birdseye organized the General Seafood Corporation. The birth of the frozen food industry.
· The first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was originally called a Christmas Parade.
· The Caesar Salad was created in Tijuana, Mexico.
· Wheaties Breakfast Cereal ('Breakfast of Champions') was introduced by Washburn, Crosby Co.
2) This member of the Cruciferous family has fleshy roots which vary in size from a less than an ounce to more than 50 pounds for some Oriental varieties. Sometimes they are peeled to mellow the flavor, although the Chinese use the peel itself as a vegetable. Koreans use every part of the plant (usually pickled), and they are a staple food in most Asian countries, rather than the hors d'oeuvre or salad bar item they are in the U.S. The Chinese usually cook them and in Japan they are eaten raw, pickled and cooked. In the U.S. we eat some 400 million pounds annually, most of them grown in Florida.
Name this vegetable.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1924.
(Food History Timeline: 1921-1925)
2) The vegetable is the Radish.