CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW (A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) The following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· The Clementine is developed in Algeria, a hybrid of the tangerine and the Seville orange (bitter orange).
· Fannie Merrit Farmer opens Miss Farmer's School of Cookery in Boston, Massachusetts.
· New York baker Newman E. Drake founded Drake Bakeries, which will produce items such as Devil Dogs, Ring Dings and Yodels.
· Barnum's Animal Crackers are introduced in a box with a string so they may be hung from Christmas trees.
· Pepsi-Cola Co. is founded in North Carolina by Caleb Bradham.
2) What is the most popular beverage in the world?
a) tea. b) coffee. c) milk. d) beer. e) wine.
3) In the 18th and 19th century this was a generic term used for various sauces whose only common ingredient was vinegar.
4) The zest of this pear shaped, wrinkled green Southeast Asian fruit is used in cooking, as are the unusually formed leaves. The leaves have a unique double shape that looks like two leaves joined end to end.
Name this fruit.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1902.
(Food History Timeline: 1900-1905)
2) a) The most popular beverage in the world is tea, and beer is number two.
4) Kaffir Lime.