CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW (A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· The Rolling Stones album 'Goat's Head Soup' was number one on the music charts.
· 'Promise' brand margarine was introduced.
· 'Stove Top Dressing' was introduced by General Foods.
· 'Cup o'Noodles' was introduced in the U.S. by Nissin Foods.
· Sales of Vodka beat out whiskey sales in the U.S. for the first time.
2) What was the first fresh fruit to carry a trademark? What implement was used to mark the first fruit?
3) In 1959, Polish-born Bronx, New York entrepreneur Reuben Mattus introduces a new premium food product with a map of Scandinavia on the cartons.
What was the name of his product?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1973.
(Food History Timeline: 1971-1975)
2) In 1919 the California Fruit Growers Exchange burned 'Sunkist' on their oranges. 'Sunkist' was burned into the skin of the first orange with a heated flyswatter.
3) Reuben Mattus invented the Danish sounding name 'Haagen-Dazs' for his new ice cream.