CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW (A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year.
What year is it?
· The United Nations declared this year as the ‘International Year of Family Farming’.
· The first McDonald's restaurant in Vietnam opened in Ho Chi Minh City.
· Food Arts magazine suspends publication.
· Joey Chestnut won his 8th straight Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog-Eating Contest, consuming 61 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
· A record 4.16 pound (1.89 kg) White Alba Truffle from the Umbrian region of Italy sold at auction for $61,250.
2) They were first developed in Sicily and were known to both the Greeks and the Romans. In 77 AD the Roman naturalist Pliny called them one of earth's monstrosities, but many continued to eat them. Historical accounts show that wealthy Romans enjoyed them prepared in honey and vinegar, seasoned with cumin, so that this treat would be available year round. It was not until the early twentieth century that they were grown in the United States. All that are commercially grown in the United States are grown in California. They are actually a flower bud, and if allowed to flower, the blossoms measure up to seven inches in diameter and are a violet-blue color.
Name this plant.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 2014.
(Food History Timeline: 2013-2014)
2) The Artichoke.