CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1) All of the following events took place during the same year.
· General Mills introduced Hamburger Helper, created to stretch a pound of hamburger into a family meal.
· Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn was introduced.
· General Mills acquired the 2 year old Red Lobster restaurant chain
· 'Classic French Cooking' by Craig Claiborne and 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol II' by Julia Child & Simone Beck were published.
· Food shortages in Poland result in high food prices which trigger a riot at the Gadansk shipyard, which in turn brings down the government.
· The Soviet Union acknowledges that food supplies are inadequate. Continental Grain in the U.S. receives an order from Moscow for 500,000 tons of corn.
· The Indian-Pacific Express begins service in Australia on the Trans-Australian Railway between Sydney on the East Coast and Perth on the West Coast, a 2400 mile trip.
During what year did all of the above events take place?
2) What do these words have in common?
Baseball, Club, Flatiron, Hanger, Shell.
3) What do these foods have in common:
Bread, Marmalade, Vanilla Fudge, Vanilla Ice, Hot Chocolate, Hot Tuna and Humble Pie?
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place during 1970.
(Food History Timeline 1966-1970)
2) The words are all names of steaks.
Baseball Steaks: a 2-3 inch spherical cut of top sirloin.
Club Steaks: also known as Delmonico steak, cut from the short loin near the rib end.
Flatiron Steaks: cut from the top shoulder of the chuck.
Hanger Steak: cut from a hanging muscle that supports the diaphragm and wraps around the pancreas.
Shell Steaks: cut from what remains after the tenderloin strip is cut from the short loin.
3) They are all also names of musical groups.