CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) All of the following events took place in the same year. What year was it?
· S&H Green Stamp are issued for the first time.
· Fannie Merritt Farmer publishes her famous cookbook.
· The American Public Health Assoc. blames drunkenness on "bad cooking, unpalatable meals, and the extravagant use of ice."
· Tootsie Rolls are introduced - the first penny candy to be wrapped in paper.
· Cracker Jack is introduced.
· Michelob Beer is introduced. It is sold only on draft until 1961.
· The Olympia Brewing Company is founded in Washington state.
2) This drink was supposedly created at the request of Lady Randolph Churchill (Sir Winston Churchill's mother), while she was entertaining politician Samuel J. Tilden at a club in New York City in 1874.
Name this drink and the club.
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) All of the events took place in 1896
(Food History Timeline: 1895-1899)
2) The name of the drink and the name of the club is The Manhattan.