Thailand Culinary Schools
Fruit & Vegetable Carving Schools and Classes
Fruit & Vegetable Carving Institute
UNFORTUNATELY THIS SCHOOL IS NO LONGER IN OPERATION.
I AM LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS IN THE AREA TO LIST HERE.
The ancient art of Kae Sa Luk – Thai fruit and vegetable carving – adds beauty and immense value to every dish.
Now you can study this traditional craft in its spiritual home. The Carving Institute is holding a series of classes at the JW Marriott Hotel, Bangkok. This skill is not difficult to learn – it just takes patience and concentration. We are also able to provide onsite training for certain locations.
Learn in Thailand
Learn from award-winning grandmasters while surrounded by the inspiration and stimulation of the exotic East. Many of our students decide to make it the trip of a lifetime, enjoying the grandeur and electric excitement of Bangkok and then spending time at one of Thailand’s many breathtaking tourist resorts.
The Carving Institute is happy to provide onsite training for corporations, organizations, hotels, cooking schools and interested groups of individuals where possible. Learn the ancient art of Kae Sa Luk at your convenience.
Learn from the Best in the World
With over 75 years of combined teaching experience, our instructors are skilled in training others in a personal and caring manner, whether they are beginners or advanced students. Through patience and understanding, they will help anyone learn the art of Kae Sa Luk in the most effective way. After just a little training, you could be creating select carvings in about 30 minutes.
• Whether you are a professional chef, a lover of creative cuisine, an absolute beginner or an advanced student, you will benefit immensely from adding these amazing time-honored techniques to your repertoire.
• Chefs and those involved in the food industry will acquire a skill that greatly enhances their earning potential. People taste with their eyes first. Presentation is everything and Kae Sa Luk enables everyone to turn the mundane into the magical. Celebrations such as birthday parties, wedding receptions and the like are beginning to demand this exotic art form.
• Kae Sa Luk adds value to a meal with beautiful garnishes and centerpieces. Many cruise ships, restaurants, hotels and banquet halls display gorgeous fruit and vegetable carvings on a daily basis. Needless to say, the more impressive the presentation, the more impressive the check!
Classes take place Monday thru Friday from 9 am until 3 pm leaving afternoons and evenings free to explore and enjoy the many and varied attractions of Bangkok.
DAY 1 Basic Carving
• How to use the carving knife and handling techniques.
• How to carve various flower shapes: buds, curves, dahlia petals, sunflowers and zinnia.
DAY 2 Intermediate Carving
• Carve different rose shapes and carnations in various forms: blossom, blooming and buds.
DAY 3 Garnishing
• Carving various fruit and vegetables (cucumbers, shallots, tomatoes etc) to make cuisine decorations.
DAY 4 Advanced Carving
• Learn the techniques of carving a blossoming rose surrounded by petals using a whole watermelon.
DAY 5 Soap Carving & Decoration
• Carve a bar of soap to form various flowers, birds, animals etc.
We are happy to tailor the curriculum according to your wishes and requirements. We can create special courses that address particular needs such as advanced techniques, soap carving only, shorter time frames etc.
Additional Special Services from the Carving Institute
• Demonstrations and Exhibitions
Watching our team of grand masters at work is a show-stopping experience. With just a few swift, deft cuts they can transform a vegetable into a work of art before your very eyes. At trade shows, exhibitions, performances or wherever, their tremendous talents draw crowds and create immense interest
• Special Catering
When you’re giving a meal where everything has to be perfect, the Carving Institute team can again transform the ordinary to the extraordinary. By creating beautiful garnishes, table decorations and more, we can bring an incredible sense of style to any catered event.