SPRING SWEET PEA SOUP
• ¼ Cup Olive oil
• 4 Ea Cloves garlic, peeled.
• 3 Cups English peas, shucked from pod
• 4 Cups Chicken or vegetable stock
• Kosher salt
• Black pepper
• 2 Bunches Spring onions, washed and trimmed.
• 1 Ea Leek, trimmed and washed
• 1 Ea Russet potato, washed
• 1 TBSP Fresh mint, washed and chopped fine.
1) Roughly chop spring onions using both the green and white parts of the onion. Reserve.
2) Trim leek using all of the white part and up to 3” of the green. Cut in half lengthwise. Place flat side down and cut 1/8” to ¼” half moon slices. Place slices in cold water and clean until all dirt has been removed. Drain and reserve.
3) Chop garlic fine and reserve.
4) Peel potato and cut into small dice. Reserve.
5) Heat medium size sauce pan over medium high heat and add oil. Add leeks and onions. Sauté until vegetables are soft and are slightly translucent. Add garlic, potatoes and peas and continue to sauté for additional 2 minutes.
6) Add stock and bring to a light simmer. Continue to gently simmer until potatoes and the other vegetables are cooked through and are pierced easily with a fork.
7) Place mixture in blender being careful when adding hot liquid into the blender. Add only enough of the mixture to fill the blender half way. Place the top on and place one hand firmly on top of the cover. Quickly “pulse” the blender on and off several times before turning the blender on fully. Puree until the soup is smooth. Remove top and repeat process for any remaining soup. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Adjust consistency of soup if desired by adding a bit more stock to thin if needed.
8) Place soup into clean container and fold in chopped fresh mint. Chill well before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Sebastians.
About Sebastians Interactive Kitchen
Located in the heart of Boston's revitalized Seaport District, Sebastians Interactive Kitchen is designed for Interactive Cooking Parties and Team Building Events. The space boasts glass, stainless steel, oak, stone and maple finishes with lots of work space. It is stocked with high-end residential kitchen equipment, a showpiece Molteni cooking range, a feature video wall and sound system. And, there's also an elegant dining room with fireplace, full-service bar and a select collection of over 300 bottles of wine.
Sebastians Interactive Kitchen is located at 157 Seaport Boulevard. For information about events call (888) 563-8334 or email [email protected] Gift certificates are available upon request.