FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_In_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who's_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | FOOD_TRIVIA_QUIZZES | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ SECTION
You are here > Home >
There is a link to the answers at the bottom of each quiz
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
1) London Broil is not a cut of meat.
What is it?
2) Cumin 'seeds' are not seeds, what are they?
3) How many cans of pork and beans does Campbell Soup Company sell each year?
• a) 1 million cans
• b) 10 million cans
• c) 100 million cans
• d) None, Campbell’s doesn’t sell pork and beans
• e) 500 million cans
4) Kiwi fruit are originally from what country, and how many varieties are grown there?
5) The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence.
How many words are in government regulations on the sale of cabbage?
• a) 597 words
• b) 1,972 words
• c) 12,369 words
• d) 19,148 words
• e) 26, 911 words
6) What do the following have in common?
Shakespeare, Louis XV, the ancient Roman poet Horace, King Alfonso XI of Castile, Thomas Nash, ancient Greek Priestesses, Egyptian priests.
7) Eating candy can counteract what physical effect caused by flying at high altitude?
8) In the colorful language of the lunch counter and diner, what is a "cluck and grunt?"
9) What deadly chemical compound do lima beans contain?
10) The apricot, a native of China, has been cultivated for over 4,000 years.
What percentage of the world's supply does the U.S. produce?
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.