FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ #405
1) When adding alcohol (beer, wine, sherry etc) to foods when cooking, how much alcohol is left after simmering the dish for 1 hour after the alcohol is added?
a) none b) 10% c) 25% d) 50% e) 100%
2) What did the ancient Mayans use allspice for, other than as a culinary herb?
3) What is the most dangerous source of disease causing bacteria in the average home kitchen?
4) What was the first toy advertised on television (1952)?
5) What is distance is the world record for watermelon seed spitting?
6) What type of flour can be found in peanut butter, margarine, chocolate, and ice cream?
7) Worldwide the most popular spice is black pepper. What is the second most popular spice?
a) oregano b) cumin c) saffron d) thyme e) paprika
8) According to folk wisdom, if you boil an egg while singing all 5 verses of this song, the egg will be perfectly cooked when you finish the song. Really, this is true.
Can you name the song?
9) In 1951 the U.S. Dept of Defense conducted a survey to find out which dessert was the favorite among members of the U.S. armed services.
What was their favorite dessert?
a) banana cream pie b) apple pie c) ice cream d) fruit e) chocolate cake
10) McDonald's french fries are cooked twice.
Where are they cooked the first time? (Be specific).