FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_In_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who's_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | FOOD_TRIVIA_QUIZZES | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ SECTION
You are here > Home >
There is a link to the answers at the bottom of each quiz
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
1) 25 years ago large this aquatic vertebrate might sell for a penny a pound for catfood, if it sold at all. Today, that same animal will sell for up to $50 per pound (that's $50,000 for a one!), mainly due to the popularity of two Asian food specialties.
Name this animal and the Asian food specialties.
2) In the early 20th century this was considered a disgusting food by the British. Escoffier, while chef at the Carlton Hotel in London, had them accepted by no other than the Price of Wales by listing them on the menu as 'cuisses de nymphes aurore', or legs of the dawn nymphs.
What is the common name of this food?
3) How did the alligator pear get its name and what is the other common name for it?
4) How much feed does it take to produce a dozen eggs?
5) What country has more varieties of crabs than anywhere else in the world?
6) What herb is used in the production of imitation maple syrup, rum and butterscotch flavors?
7) What percentage of a lemon is juice?
8) How many pounds of mustard is consumed in the world each year?
9) The East Coast and West Coast of the U.S. have differing tastes in peanut butter. What are their preferences?
10) What percentage of all pumpkins are sold for food?
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.