FETTUCCINE WITH CREAMY RED PEPPER SAUCE
An ultracreamy pasta dish that's packed with flavor, is good for you, and takes only about 15 minutes to get on the table might sound too good to be true. But here you have it. Whip it up and be amazed.
Serving Size 1 1/4 Cups
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
• One 16-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
• 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (6 ounces)
• One 16-ounce box whole-wheat fettuccine
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Heat the oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring a few times, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the roasted peppers and cook, stirring a few times, until heated through. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Transfer the red pepper mixture to a food processor, add the broth and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta. Process until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta with the sauce, adding the pasta water by the tablespoon if needed. The sauce should cling nicely to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among 6 pasta bowls. Sprinkle with the parsley and reserved feta and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 445; Total Fat 11g (Mono 5g, Poly 1g, Sat 4.5g); Protein 17g; Carb 70g; Fiber 10g; Chol 22mg; Sodium 810mg
Excellent Source Of: Calcium, Copper, Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Protein, Riboflavin, Selenium, Thiamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
Good Source Of: Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Zinc